Thursday, July 28, 2011

CASE study challenge #50


Hi all!

Since I'm not homeschooling the boys this month, I've been enjoying participating in some of the challenges from the different blogs. This time, I joined in on the CASE study challenge. If you're interested, you can check them out here:

http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/case-study-challenge-50.html

For my card, I chose to go w/a garden theme. I used the braid border punch from EK Success, I believe, and adhered the strip to the main panel of the card. Then, I took some strips of ribbon that had leaves on it and adhered that to the edge where the border punch and paper meet. Kindda gives it that leaves-climbing-over-a-trellis look. Then, I took a stamp from the Floral Duos III set from Impression Obsession and stamped the middle flower. I stamped the image on some scrap paper, cut it out, and then covered that middle flower w/the scrap for my mask. Then, I stamped the final 2 flowers on each side. To tie in the leaves, I had a couple of scrap leaves left over from the ribbon and I adhered those to the middle flower, too. As a last minute change, I ended up stamping the middle flower again on scrap paper and cutting it out. I used some dimensional adhesive to give the card a bit more dimension from the flowers. I chose to not color in the flowers and just keep it clean and simple...

Thanks for stopping by...

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card,. like the green black and white, very sharp and classy looking,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the leaves down the side, the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!