Thursday, July 28, 2011
CASE study challenge #50
Since I'm not homeschooling the boys this month, I've been enjoying participating in some of the challenges from the different blogs. This time, I joined in on the CASE study challenge. If you're interested, you can check them out here:
For my card, I chose to go w/a garden theme. I used the braid border punch from EK Success, I believe, and adhered the strip to the main panel of the card. Then, I took some strips of ribbon that had leaves on it and adhered that to the edge where the border punch and paper meet. Kindda gives it that leaves-climbing-over-a-trellis look. Then, I took a stamp from the Floral Duos III set from Impression Obsession and stamped the middle flower. I stamped the image on some scrap paper, cut it out, and then covered that middle flower w/the scrap for my mask. Then, I stamped the final 2 flowers on each side. To tie in the leaves, I had a couple of scrap leaves left over from the ribbon and I adhered those to the middle flower, too. As a last minute change, I ended up stamping the middle flower again on scrap paper and cutting it out. I used some dimensional adhesive to give the card a bit more dimension from the flowers. I chose to not color in the flowers and just keep it clean and simple...
Thanks for stopping by...