Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Case study challenge #53

Hi all!

Well, I finally got a chance to play in my craft room tonight! Yay! :) And I was dying to get an inspiration challenge done. Our job was to create a card based on a creation from the talented Iwona (AKA Chupa). This is the card I chose to work from:


I loved her colored cardstock and her center panel w/the flowers. I loved the embossing to the side of the card and the rounded edge...

If you'd like to play along, you can go here:



So, here's my take:

I decided I'd do some embossing w/my cuttlebug. I used the swirls folder and left the middle of the card blank since I knew the center panel would be covering it. Then, I took some white cardstock and took a script stamp to add some detail to the center panel. I stamped it in tea dye distress ink and then used the Sparklers stamp from Penny Black. I stamped it w/Versamark Dazzle and then added the Forever Red Perfect Pearl to it. You can't see it in the picture but the sparkle is lovely in real life! Then, I mounted it on a burgundy cardstock and simply adhered it to the card. I added some faux stitching around the center panel and then put a couple of pearls on the flowers. My final step was to round the corner and voila! FUN card!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome!! Thanks so much for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty take on Chupa's card! Love the addition of the pearls as centres - so sophisticated!
    Thanks for joining in the fun on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!