Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lily Pad's Simon Says Resist Challenge and CASE study #54

Hi all!

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend...I've had a great one so far! And, to top it off, I even got to enjoy some time in my craft room tonight! Yay! :)

For today's card, I combined two challenges. One is found here and it's all about what your "signature" style is. Well, I knew I'd be getting my fingers inked and playing w/some embossing powders. Turns out, the fun challenge at the Lily Pad website, found here asks us to do a resist embossing technique card...and well, like so many others have jumped on bad pun bandwagon, I just couldn't "resist"! It's, by far, one of my favorite techniques and I thank Jennifer McGuire's how-to videos for teaching me how to do it...I LOVE it!

Here's my card:

I started out with the Hero Arts Birthday cling stamp and used Versamark Dazzle embossing ink on white cardstock. I then heat embossed it with white powder. Then, I used Tim Holtz Broken China and Chipped Sapphire (one my all-time fave combos!) and inked up the cardstock. Once I had it all inked up, I took an old baby burp rag and lightly misted it w/water and gently rubbed off any excess ink from the embossed area. Then, using the Hero Arts Large Flower (I think?) cling stamp, I stamped it in white pigment ink and heat embossed it w/white powder, too. I cut out the image and then inked it w/Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door Distress inks. Once that was done, I took a water mister and squirted just a couple of sprays on my craft mat and blended the inks w/a bit of water. I cut out some small, green leaves w/a punch that I got on clearance a few months back and the flower was done. Then, I stamped the sentiment w/Chipped Sapphire ink (stamp was from the dollar bin at the Craft Warehouse) and I notched the cardstock to make it into a banner. I was happy w/it--til I took the picture. Then, I realized I wanted a pearl on the flower...so I added that as an after thought.

Thanks for stopping by...and if you haven't had a chance to play w/this technique, it's so much fun!!!

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, Pat! Thanks for playing with us at Lily pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color combo and pairing of stamps! Wonderful resist elements. So glad you joined us in this Lily Pad Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous flower on that beautiful background! Love the colors you've used! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!