Thursday, September 15, 2011

CSC 57

Hi everyone!

Well, I managed to slip away after everyone was asleep to make a card...nothing like the quiet of the night to help me focus on cards! :)

Tonight I knew I wanted to try my hand at the latest CASE Study challenge. You can find it here. We were to gather inspiration from the talented Julie Lacey. Her style is so elegant! And after looking at her cards for a while, I realized there were a few things that really stood out for me. First, she likes to have a striking background--often graphic. Then, she uses a beautiful stamp for the main focus and a sentiment mounted on a beautiful die cut. LOVE the style! (And, thanks to Jill Foster's website, I've learned how to look at cards for different inspiration ideas! LOVE her, too!)

So, here's my take:
Although most of the inspiration cards were positioned vertically, I thought it'd be neat to turn it and do one horizontally. I started out using a Sizzix embossing folder--just got it last weekend and I LOVE it!--and I mounted it on red cardstock. Then, I used the Christmas tree from the Hero Arts set (the sentiment, too) and stamped it in silver. (I actually stamped it in green first but then thought about using silver instead...either way, the stamp is great!) I knew I wanted to add some color and dimension to it so I used my little Millenium red marker and started outlining the strings of pearls. Then, I added a few red lines on a couple of the ornaments and finally on the swirls at the bottom of the tree. Then I took a few red rhinestones and added those for more "bling". The tree still looked a bit bare so I used a silver marker to color in the star at the top of the tree and then took some stickles and outlined the tree and a couple of ornaments with stickles, too. The sentiment was stamped in black ink and I used my cuttlebug to cut out a nestabilities label. Everything was mounted on foam adhesive and I was done! :) Still debating putting some more stickles on it--but will wait til morning to see if it's necessary or not...For now, I'm happy with my Christmas tree! :)

Have a great weekend! And here's to having time to create a bit, too!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. What a fun Christmas card!! Great job on this CASE. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!