Thursday, October 6, 2011

CASE study challenge #60

Hi all!

It's been a week of sniffles, fevers and coughing so I haven't had much time to create but I did take some time this morning to make a card.

The CASE study blog had a new challenge. Based on its muse, we were to create a card. Well, I loved the teal-colored card Niki created and I LOVE music so I thought I'd combine the two!

Here's my take:
I started out by piercing the teal cardstock on both vertical sides. Then, using my cover-a-card music stamp, I inked it with broken china distress ink and then adhered that to the center panel. Using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch, I punched out 3 butterflies and then added the pearls to each one. The sentiment was also stamped in distress ink and I used foam dots to give it a bit of dimension. I added some blue antennae to the butterflies using a glaze pen.

Hope everyone is having a good week! If you get a chance, play along with the latest challenge on the site.

Thank God we're just a couple of days away from the weekend!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! Blue is my favorite color and those butterflies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those butterflies are gorgeous Pat and the colour is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rockin' that butterfly punch and adding fabulous dimension to a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great monochromatic creation! Love the music background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!