Thursday, November 3, 2011

CASE study challenge #64

Hi all!

I hope everyone has had a good week! I'm getting pretty excited b/c tomorrow I get to take part in my first blog hop! Young Crafters Unite is having a hop tomorrow and all the cards featured will be masculine...can't wait to reveal the card tomorrow!

BUT, tonight I got to play in my room for another challenge...I LOVE the CASE study challenges. I love seeing how people create such great cards and then how talented crafters get inspired from them. Here's the muse's card for this challenge.


















Here's my take on the lovely card.
I knew right away that I would want to have an opening in the center of the card. And I knew that I'd include a butterfly b/c, well, I love butterflies! :) I decided to use my cuttlebug cut and emboss template. These are great b/c you can emboss the image AND ink it while it's still in the folder. I used the broken china distress ink and inked the teal-colored cardstock with it, too. I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the butterfly and used a black glaze pen for the antenna. I stamped it using distress ink and put some script on it. Then, I used some flowers and a leaf to add a bit more detail around the opening of the card. I added rhinestones to the center of each flower and I had some tear-shaped teal rhinestones that I used on the butterfly. The only thing not on the front of the card is the sentiment...but I really wanted the card to just stand on its own this time...

I LOVED the inspiration for this card...

See you all for the blog hop and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the butterfly you used and the embossing!! I'm now a new follower and excited to come back and see more!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. LOVE the embossin gnad the extra bling you added to the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all the teal details. All very elegant. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with butterflies I say!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo gorgeous....luv the sweet little details...hope you have a fun weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that inking up the embossing folder technique-- great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful butterfly and I love your use of the cut and emboss template!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This creation is so amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!