Thursday, November 17, 2011

CASE study challenge #66 and Christmas

Hi everyone!

I don't know if everyone has those days when you are really itching to make a card or not--but I was really itching to make a card today! :) I finished homeschooling the kids and jumped in my room! I saw the latest challenge on the CASE study site and the idea hit me pretty quickly of what I wanted to do.

Here's the inspiration card.

I really like it...I love the colors on it. I love the design of it...and I just knew it was time to take a stab at it.













Here's my take.
I knew that I wanted a Christmas scene. I used the snowflake embossing folder from cuttlebug and inked the top, inside flap with broken china distress ink for that faux letterpress look. Then, I spritzed some diamond glimmer mist on it--talk about a lovely shine! Broken china is my favorite color in the distress inks but now with the glimmer mist on it--LOVE it even more!

Then, I mounted it on blue cardstock. Using one of the fancy labels from sizzix, I cut one in half and stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on it and adhered it. The Christmas tree is a cling stamp from Hero Arts, too, and I stamped it in silver and then used a glaze pen to add the string of pearls. I also added some diamond stickles on some of the ornaments on the tree and on the tree skirt. Added the yellow for the star and the card was done!

Hope you can join the fun over on the CASE site!

Have a great weekend!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the background and that tree is pretty:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is gorgeous....such a sweet tree...hope your weekend is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snowflakes and lovely blue colors! That tree is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully frosty and festive, a wonderful christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the faux letterpress effect you've got on this lovely Christmas card!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... how wonderful it would be, to have a tree like this in real life! I really like the silver + aqua colour combo... wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!