Saturday, January 18, 2014

Joy

Hi friends!

Just popping in quickly to share a card I made tonight for two different challenges. Do you ever see a challenge and know EXACTLY what you're going to do with it? I LOVE it when that happens because crafting is so much faster that way! And it definitely happened that way for me tonight with the following two challenges. First up, the CASE study site. I see their challenges every week and only wish I had more time to play along. But this week's photo really struck a chord and I knew I could play with it. Then, I saw the photo inspiration for the Festive Friday site. I knew what elements I could use to make both the CASE study and the Festive Friday requirements work. Below you'll find my card and the photos from the sites.
I LOVED the CASE study card. I wasn't quite sure what the color scheme would be but I knew it'd be a Christmas card and that the word "Joy" would be in the center. Then, when I saw the photo inspiration from Festive Friday, I knew I could add the snowflakes and make the base red and it would work for that challenge as well. The sentiment is from Sizzix and I mounted the die cut on 2 pieces of cardstock so that the die cut is actually nice and sturdy. It adds a nice dimension to the card in real life. I knew I needed to add an element coming from the center so I chose to emboss 5 lines across the center of the card. I quickly punched out 3 snowflakes and the card was done. Really quick--except for when you're mounting the die cut--and yet elegant.

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that joy sentiment (I have a thing for Joy!) And I love how you've combined the two challenges! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! Love that you dotted your J with a snowflake. Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that JOY sentiment! So fun, and you're right...it works so well for Case Study, too! (that's the way to do it!!!;) Love it, and so happy you've joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. It is so CAS. The touch of scoring against the silver is perfection. So glad you could play with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a superb execution of a CAS card, Pat! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!