Thursday, January 30, 2014

YOU are blessed

Hi everyone!

It's been a busy week but I'm popping in to share a card I made last night. I'm entering the card in several different challenges. The first is the CASE Study challenge site. The second is the Color Throwdown site that has a great color challenge this week. And last, but not least, is the Word Art Wednesday site that has an "anything goes" challenge. Here's my card and you'll find the challenge pics underneath, too.
It seems like I never have enough "baby" cards. I've had an idea in my head for awhile now for this kind of a card but when I saw the CASE study challenge and the colors for the throwdown challenge, that's when it all came together for me. I wanted the focal point to be in the center with the sentiment running across it--like the CASE study photo.

The onesie die, from Wplus9, was stamped repeatedly with a small stamp that I got from the dollar bin at my local craft store. But I wanted to tie in the brown a bit more so I used my stylus to add some polka dots by dipping the stylus into my ink. (Jennifer McGuire showed that tip in one of her videos.) The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp! and then I added some pearls. The pearls were actually white--I used a copic marker to color it a soft shade of pink. I added some white lines to the brown, textured cardstock and the card was done. May use the design again but just vary the colors--it was super quick but fun, too!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Pat

8 comments:

  1. Cute onsie you created...perfect for a baby card! So happy you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable baby card!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Pat. Love the prints on the cute little onesie. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, Pat! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable. I’ve enjoyed seeing your lovely art today, and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great baby card. I love the faux stitching. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!