Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Caring Hearts Card Drive

Hi everyone!

I wanted to stop in tonight and share an amazing opportunity that I'll be involved with and that I'm hoping you guys will join, too. The talented Vera Yates is sponsoring a Caring Hearts Card Drive. Last year, she did this drive with Jennifer McGuire but this year Vera is putting it on solo.

So--what is it? Well, it's a card drive for the elderly that are living in nursing homes. I can't imagine being in a nursing home for the holidays and maybe not having family around to visit with. Because of that, I quickly volunteered to help deliver some of the cards to a nursing home that is close to my home.

Please check out the link above for more info and some general guidelines and, if possible, join us in making someone smile! Oh--and there will be tons of prizes up for grabs. (I know, we shouldn't do it for the prizes but sometimes we need a bit more incentive to get creative!) :)

Here's my card for the drive:
All papers are from My Mind's Eye "Merry little Christmas" pack. Added some punches and stickles and bling--and the card was done. Not sure where the sentiment is from, though--sorry!

Anyway, I hope you will all consider participating...I am sure the elderly people receiving the cards would be so appreciative! And what a great way to give back with a hobby that brings us so much joy, too.

Have a great Thurs!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!