Wednesday, December 5, 2012

10 Minute Craft Dash card!

Hi everyone!

Well, I've just had my craft workout for the day! :) I checked out a new site called Pretty Pink Posh and they were having a challenge that has left me feeling like I've just sprinted a 100 yard dash! The challenge was to do a card in 10 minutes! Now, I typically do not like very tedious cards to begin with...but THIS was crazy fast! Oh--and the card had to have a dash of red on it, too. We were allowed to lay out the supplies--thankfully! But once the timer started, you had 10 minutes to complete the card. To add to the fun, I knew I wanted to also incorporate snowflakes because that's the latest challenge on the Simon Says Stamp! challenge blog. Talk about a tall order!

Here's the challenge badge and my card--that I did, in fact, do in 10 minutes! :)
To say that the card was a mad dash, that's an understatement! I knew I needed to lay out the supplies but once the timer started, I couldn't find my die for the tree! And then the paper needed to be trimmed down and I thought for sure I wouldn't make it. But, I finally found the die. The tree and snowflakes were stamped quickly and then I added a few pearls to the snowflakes. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and it's on the inside and it states "may all the blessings of Christmas be yours". Total time--9 minutes and 58 seconds! That's right--I was THAT close! But I'm glad that I was able to do it...It was fun AND I like how the card turned out, too!

There is a giveaway on the site, too, so I hope you can play along...It's amazing how fast 10 minutes go! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Pat, oh my, you cut it close on this one! However, it was totally worth it- this card is beautiful! Love how you stamped on the dark cardstock- it really makes the tree and snowflakes stamp out!

    Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Feel free to enter once more for the "Red" feature! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!