Sunday, January 27, 2013

Be Mine Card

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a chance to get creative this weekend! I have a very busy week ahead and knew tonight was probably the only night I'd have to have some fun. So, I chose to use the latest sketch from the sweetest thing site. Every couple of weeks they share a new sketch and I immediately fell in love with the current one. Without further ado, here's the sketch and my card:
Isn't this little bear adorable? I love him! I chose to make a Valentine's Day card. I used the XO stamp set from Hero Arts (LOVE this set!) to make my own pattern paper and then inked the sides with distress ink and added strips of red. I embossed the center red panel and then inked the Stampin' Up bear with Colorbox pigment ink so that I could heat emboss him. I used my inktense watercolor pencils to color him in--so much fun!--and then decided to add another heart from the Hero Arts set. The sentiment is from the dollar bin from a local craft store. The card was fun to make--a bit time consuming b/c I chose to make my own background paper--but still a lot of fun!

Have a great week and if I don't check in this week, I'll see you all next week! Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!