Sunday, January 26, 2014

12

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Mine was busy but I did manage to squeeze in some time to make a card. My oldest son turns 12 on Sunday and I wanted to make him a card. I'm also taking the Stenciled Online Card Class so I knew I would use a stencil and play along with the class a bit. Then, I saw the latest sketch from the Less is More site and I was ready to create! Here's my card and the sketch below:


When stencils first came out several years ago, I was still scrapbooking a lot. So, the stencil I used on this card is a big 12x12 stencil with tons of numbers on it. I used some washi tape to hold the stencil down while I was inking it with distress inks. I used 4 different blues: broken china, salty ocean, faded jeans, and chipped sapphire. The panel that I'd inked, though, was too big for what I was hoping to do. So, I layered it on the card base and started thinking of what colors I could add to make it pop a bit more. As was looking around my room, I found a ribbon that had the turquoise color and some pops of color. I added the lime green strip and then the red label. I also wanted to add some twine and then I found the stickers (thickers) that looked like crimped cardboard and I knew that would tie in the twine. I stamped the sentiment in brown, too, and the card was done.

I really like how it turned out. The stenciling was easy and actually a lot of fun, too. Removing the stencil almost feels like magic when you see what's been created underneath. Hope you all choose to give it a try! :)

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. What a super stencilled card, glad you're making good use of your class.
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started to take this class!
    Great stuff!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!