Thursday, May 22, 2014

More watercolor fun!

Hi again!

I'm here to share another fun card I made while finishing up the Online Card Class that dealt with watercoloring. I'll also be submitting this card for the latest Simon Says Stamp! challenge. Our challenge is to do something botanical. Here's my card:
I wish I knew who made this stamp but I won it at a local craft store years ago. I chose to begin by stamping the image using versafine ink and then masking off the flower. I then colored in the background. I didn't want to risk the blue color getting on the flower so masking made it easy to color in. I then colored in the image using a combination of distress markers and inktense watercolor pencils. I LOVED using these two mediums together!

The hardest part about watercoloring is waiting for everything to dry so I confess that I did use a heat gun a couple of times. I also stepped away a few times so that I could get a "fresh" look at the panel once I returned to the room. That helped a lot actually! I came back a few times and realized where I wanted to add a bit more color and shading. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts. I added some twine at the top of the card and the card was done.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you try using these two mediums also.
Pat

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I'd like to know what company the stamp came from also. My mom loved dogwood trees. We had a white one in our backyard. Great job coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the watercolour effect and your flowers are stunning as is the backdrop. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!