Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MOJO 204

Hi all!

Well, I finally sat down and tried my hand at the MOJO sketch for the week. Unfortunately, the card is for a dear friend who has lost a loved one. So, I guess the motivation was high to get the card done and in the mail for her. Can't wait for heaven! No more tears or sorrow!

This was the sketch for the week:

Here's my take on the sketch:

Once I picked out the pattern paper, everything else fell into place for me. The pattern paper is from KI Memories and it's called the Funky Paper Pad II. I then cut a square of textured brown cardstock and mounted that one a white mat. Then, I cut a rectangular piece of the teal colored cardstock and embossed it w/my cuttlebug using the swirls (?) folder. Then I, again, used my cuttlebug to cut out the center panel. LOVE my cuttlebug! Once the paper was all in place, I punched a butterfly out of the teal colored cardstock using a Martha Stewart punch. LOVE this punch! I added some pearls to the butterfly and to the upper left edge of the card. Then took my brown marker and faked some antennae for the butterfly. The sentiment is stamped in pigment ink and is from Hero Arts (C1476).

Thanks for stopping by. If you want to play along, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!