Friday, October 28, 2011

SSSC140

Hi everyone!

Although it's been a busy week, I did find some time to work on the latest sketch over on the sweetest thing site. Here's the latest sketch.




I love sketches that repeat patterns/images and this sketch was right up my alley! I wasn't quite sure what I'd do for the 5 repeating images but here's my card!
I started out with some pattern paper and kraft-colored cardstock. I wanted the brown to be a bit richer in tone so I inked it with some vintage photo distress ink. Then, I adhered the pattern paper and cardstock, added the green ribbon, and then grabbed my heart punch. The punch actually cuts out 2 hearts, the large one on the side of the ribbon AND the small one from the center of the large heart. I LOVE this punch! I punched out 5 hearts and used the small hearts for the repeating image/design element. I then added some glossy accents to the small hearts and used a white pen for some faux stitching around the bottom portion of the card. I stamped the sentiment and then re-traced the sentiment with a brown pen to make it stand out a bit better. Fun sketch and a fun card! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!