Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Postcard

Hi everyone!

Once a month, I go to a cardmaking club meeting and tonight is the night...The store where we meet gives us a challenge and certain materials to make the card. This was a new challenge--we had to make a postcard! Talk about being stumped! I didn't know where to start...and it literally sat on my craft desk for 2 MONTHS while I tried to figure out what to do. (The July meeting was canceled). But, I finally got an idea and I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Here's my postcard:
Yes, I have VERY inky fingers right now! :) I started out by tearing a piece of scrap cardstock and using that as a mask for the bottom edge of the postcard. I kept turning the mask a bit to then add more dimension to the ground area. Then, I stamped the tree image in black and embossed it--with the help of my 7 year old who loves to see the heat gun at work! Then, I had some fun! Using a circle punch, I masked out a portion of the setting sun and inked the background using distress inks (spicy marmalade and mustard seed). The postcard was kraft colored, though, so I went ahead and added some wild honey to the setting sun. I added a few birds around the tree in black ink and then the "thinking of you" sentiment. I used a glitter pen to add some highlights to the center of the tree image that had some swirls in it and the card was done! Nothing makes me happier than having inky fingers!!! :)

Have a great rest of the week!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!