Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Favorite Die for my Favorite Couple

Hi friends!

I'm stopping in with a card for a very special couple of friends. Truth be told, I hate good-byes. And our friends are moving and I made them this card to just tell them how special they've been in my family's life.

I also wanted to play along with the latest Simon Says Stamp! challenge site. The challenge is to use your favorite stamp, tool, paper, etc. For me, it was a no brainer! I LOVE the Simon Says Stamp! dies! LOVE them!!!

Here's my card:
I used some papers from Teresa Collins--another fave of mine! Her style is so elegant and I just love it! I used the chainlink fence die from Simon Says Stamp! and the Meadow Rue die from Simon Says Stamp!, too. Talk about an easy way to get an elegant card done...and at the bottom of the chainlink die, I added some ribbon. The ribbon is actually only gray and white but I layered a small strip of peach-colored ribbon on it, too. The sentiment is from the Apothecary Labels set (love this, too!) and it was perfect for my friends. As a touch of "glitz", I added some small turquoise gems to the card. Lastly, I used a dark gray cardstock to add some contrast to the card. I really like how it turned out...

I head out to Mexico next week so this may be my last post (maybe) til the new year but have a wonderful Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year, too!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!