Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sending Smiles

Hi all!

It's been a long time since I've been able to craft--too long! May has proven to be a VERY busy month with tons of changes and challenges. Add to that the end of the school year stuff that needs to happen and, well, crafting time was very scarce. But, tonight I had a lot of fun in my room. A while back, Jennifer McGuire shared on her blog that we should really send cards to people "just because". I liked that! So, that's what I'm sharing tonight. It's a "just because" card I'm sending to a friend. I chose to use the sketch from the sweetest thing site, too. Here's my card and the sketch:
I chose to keep the sketch pretty much "as is" with a few exceptions. I did change the center shape and I added an embellishment on the small banner--but that was it. I used paper from My Mind's Eye and then brown and cream cardstock. The brown cardstock was embossed to just add some texture to it. I added some polka dots to the cream strip that runs diagonally. The stamp is from an old Stampin' Up set and I used my inktense watercolor pencils to color it in and then added glossy accents for dimension. I also watercolored the sky using distress ink. I added a small dragonfly brad to the banner--I've had that brad for YEARS!--and liked how it added that unique embellishment to the card. The sentiment is from Skipping Stones.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! We'll be off to enjoy Seattle...Yay!

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!