Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happy Birthday card

Hi all! I know, it's been weeks since I've posted. It's been weeks since I've crafted, too! I miss it so much! But I did have a chance to carve out a watercolor card today. I'm submitting it to the Word Art Wednesday site. It's always an "anything goes" challenge and I try to play along whenever I can. Here's my card:
I stamped the image (I believe it's from Penny Black) in Versafine Ink (brown) and then used my inktense watercolor pencils to color in the image. I used my broken china distress ink marker for the background, though. Then, I added some stickles to the center of the flowers. I used a scallop punch on the main panels and then added the ribbon. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts. Easy card to make--and watercoloring relaxes me. Hope everyone is having a good week so far! Pat

4 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back! I love the watercoloring you did on the flowers in this pretty card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a blessed week! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful card in our challenge this week and please join us again soon. I love seeing what you create!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and layout are beautiful on this piece of art. Thank you for blessing us with your creativity.
    God Bless,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!! Your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!