Sunday, February 16, 2014

Adore

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'm popping in to share a card I made for Valentine's Day for my Valentine. I'm also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp! challenge where we showcase our stamps. Tons of fun! Here's my card:

I had so much fun with this card! First, we all know that stencils and masks are all the rage right now in the crafting world. Well, I only have a couple of stencils so I decided to make my own! I used some plain typing paper and traced a heart and cut it out. I placed the sheet with the heart cut out over my card and taped it down with some washi tape. I then took my heart stamp (Recollections brand from Michaels stores) and began stamping it in white pigment ink repeatedly on the card. The typing paper helped mask off the area I didn't want inked and I made sure to get the edges of the "stencil" so that I'd have a clear boundary when I removed the stencil. Once everything was stamped, I added some chunky white embossing enamel. This is another product I've had for years but never used. As you can see, it's a bright white color--which I loved! But, it didn't give the best coverage because of how chunky it is. So, after embossing everything, I added stickles to the empty spaces in the heart. What I got was a very bright white heart with some sparkle mixed in. LOVED it! The sentiment was also some the Recollections brand and I stamped that in Memento black ink. I then added some gems and the card was done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. I love that you created your own stencil. You did a fabulous job. And your card is wonderful. You've got great composition and the entire project is a joy. Thank you for sharing it this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!