Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mother's Day

Hi everyone!

Yes, I'm here with a Mother's Day card. You can never start too early, right? :) I knew I needed to start working on it early because the next few weeks are going to be really busy. I used the sketch from the retro sketches site and really like how it turned out. Here's my card and the sketch:

I love cards that have tons of black in it with pops of color. I knew that I wanted to do some embossing and that I'd be using a die cut from Simon Says Stamp! I chose to use silver pigment ink and repeat the pattern (Penny Black Lace Trim) and then clear emboss it. I used DCWV's Metallic paper for the center panel (silver) and also for the die cut (a lovely magenta/fuschia color) to add even more shine to the card. Then I stamped the sentiment (dollar bin) and the card was done! Super quick but has tons of shine and texture.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!