Thursday, May 15, 2014

Life is Sweeter card

Hi everyone!

I know, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm really looking forward to the homeschooling year being done so that I can have more time to play in my craft room. For the past week and a half, I've been taking the Online Card class that's all about watercolors. I'm loving the class--but wishing I had more time to play along. So, tonight I'm sharing the card I made for one of the very first days of class. It's a simple color wash for the background. I'll also enter this card into the Word Art Wednesday site that has an "anything goes" challenge. Last, but not least, V's Sweet Ideas' latest challenge was to use distress ink in some way. So, I'll enter my card there, too. Here's my card:
I LOVE this stamp...I just think it's the sweetest image! (It's from Technique Tuesday). I started out by masking off the sides of the watercolor paper. I then stamped the image in Versafine ink and used 4 different distress inks to do the background. (Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmons, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door). This technique is SUPER easy...I LOVE it! The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I think it's paired perfectly with the image.

Anyway, I'm hoping to post more cards soon. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Oh Pat, you know....silhouette images are SO endearing to me, and they always catch my eye. I just LOVE this sweet image, and you put it all together SO beautifully. I just can't thank you enough for taking the time to stop by and share your time and your talents with us by linking up to this week's challenge. I want you to know that am truly grateful for the art you create and share with us. Each entry, each piece of art is created by someone who God inspired, and even gifted, to create that art. Yours is exceptionally lovely, and I thank you again for playing along with us. It blessed my day for sure.
    Be blessed,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen!

      I just wanted to thank you so much for the very sweet words. They totally made my day! You certainly didn't have to take the time to leave such a nice message but I appreciate your kindness. Have a great night and God bless you, too!

      Delete
  2. Like your blog Pat! And I agree with this sentiment...Life IS sweeter with friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!