Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hugs & Kisses

Hi friends!

I'm here to quickly share yet another floral card that I colored with Copics. I'm really enjoying coloring along with #thedailymarker30day challenge. Now, once I'm done coloring, I can put the image on a card and quickly finish another card. Easy! :)

Here's my card:
I used an image from Penny Black (Poppy Time) to color. I stamped the image twice so that I could cut out one of the panels and pop it up to add some dimension. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I heat embossed it. The strip of paper that the sentiment sits on--yeah, that was a last minute necessity. I knew the card was too long and that I needed to trim it. But I measured wrong and the stems were cut way too short. So, I decided to color in a strip of white paper to match the deep green I used on the buds and then just covered the place where I accidentally cut the image. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I fixed a mistake! Lesson? Don't be too quick to throw away a card that you have made a mistake on. It may be fixable! :)

I'm entering the card at the Word Art Wednesday site that always hosts an "Anything Goes" challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!