Sunday, September 13, 2015

Playing with Bleach in the craft room!

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I wanted to share a card I made with distress inks and bleach. I know bleach was used a lot back in the day but I had never tried it. About a month or so ago, I saw Jennifer McGuire use it (click here to watch her video) and I knew it was time to try it. It's super easy and fun to do!

Here's my card:

So, I started by inking up white cardstock in two distress ink colors. I applied a LOT of ink. Then, using the darker of the distress ink tones, I stamped my image (Teresa Collins) and quickly put clear embossing powder to heat set it. Once the panel was done, I cut it at a diagonal (you can use the other portion for another card) and got my waterbrush pen that was filled with bleach. Once the bleach touches the distress ink, it reactivates the ink and you get a bleached look inside the image. I love the texture of the embossing and the different colors that pop up after you bleach the image. So easy and cool! I finished off the card by adding a silver and black strip along the diagonal and used a Lawn Fawn "thanks" die as the sentiment.


I'll be entering the card here:
Word Art Wednesday--Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge--Use a Stamp & Punch/Die
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge--Use a Stamp

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic week!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. I had to swing by and tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your card and reading your post! I've always heard about bleaching, but like you, I had never tried it myself. I'm so impressed at how lovely your card looks and it's made me want to reach for my bleach! I especially love how the butterflies are so subtle, yet they are so lifelike and look as though they are flying. It is elegant and striking and I'm so glad you shared your post with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous card! Wonderful technique! Looks so pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the inking/clear embossing, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!