Sunday, October 9, 2011

Color Throwdown 162 and RCC23

Yes, this is my 2nd post of the day! My men are still out enjoying the day so I have been having fun in my room... :)

This post contains a new challenge for me, though. Although I love participating in sketch challenges, I'd never done a color challenge before. But the great colors that came up for this week in the Color Throwdown were calling my name! Here's their swatch.
Also, the ribbon carousel site had an "anything goes" challenge where you basically just had to incorporate anything that came from a spool to participate. Since I love ribbon, this was an easy one to incorporate for me!

Here's my card.
I started out with some dark brown cardstock and I then layered a kraft-colored panel on top. I didn't like the look of the kraft cardstock, though, so I altered it a bit using tea dye distress ink. That looked a bit more rich to me. Then, I took some light yellow/cream cardstock and using my versamark dazzle pad, I stamped the damask (I think?) Hero Arts stamp on that. I heat embossed with clear powder b/c I wanted something subtle on the cream paper. Then, I cut out a sizzix label and stamped the sentiment in broken china distress ink. I looked in my very messy ribbon drawer and found this ribbon from Li'l Davis Designs that matched well with the colors. Finally, I stamped out a butterfly using the Martha Stewart 3 in 1 stamp and punch butterfly and adhered it to the label, too. I had originally envisioned a different card with bigger elements in blue but this worked, too.

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. I love the embossed background you created! And what a great find with the ribbon! Fantastic job with the Color Throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so pretty and elegant...love the beautiful background and the ribbon matches all the colors perfectly!! Thanks for joining us in the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!