Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quick sympathy card

Hi everyone!

I know, I've been MIA all week! Between having a little one with stomach and still trying to recover from pneumonia, getting into my craft room has been difficult! But last night my hubby informed me that he needed a sympathy card b/c he'd be attending a funeral today. These aren't the most fun cards to make, in the least, but I guess when someone is going through such a huge loss, the least we can do is offer a card telling them how sorry we are...

Here's my card.

Like I mentioned, I'm still recovering so I knew I didn't have the energy for a complicated card. I wanted something pretty easy yet classy. So, I found this pattern paper. It actually had the scalloped border and everything! All I did was mount it on some red cardstock that I added some vintage photo to and then added some brown ribbon. I used the cuttlebug for my sentiment label and then stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts using vintage photo distress ink, too. I had some fabric flowers from JoAnns and I added them to the corner of the label, put a button for the center of the flowers w/some twine and the card was done! Easy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm hoping to get back to playing this week!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!