Thursday, February 2, 2012

Color Throwdown card

Hi everyone!

Can't believe how fast this week has gone...Today was a special day in our house--my oldest turned 10! So, no homeschooling today. It was a relaxed day at home and hubby took the day off, too.

Tonight I was lucky enough to play a bit. And I saw the Color Throwdown site and knew I wanted to play along! Here's the color combo we had to work with:

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the colors white and black. LOVE them! But pink isn't at the top of my list of favorites...It's not at the bottom of the list--but it's definitely not at the top, either! So, I figured this was a good way to make me use pink.









Here's my card:
The pink isn't the exact match of the swatch for the site but I guess it's close enough! I used the Hero Arts stripes stamp and emboss set. So easy! And this look is so classy! I used pink dye pink to stamp it and then embossed the entire card. It's mounted on black and I added a couple of pink rhinestones. Then, I added some stamped presents (from the dollar bin) and stamped the sentiment in black. I wanted to add some flowers but just couldn't find the right color and thought it best to just leave it. It's such an elegant look--and yet so easy...

Have a great Friday!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Love those pink stripes! The little presents are just adorable too! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!