Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lily Pad and CPS challenge combo

Hi everyone! It was a big party at my house tonight with my hubby inviting friends over for the Superbowl. I'm originally from NY so I decided to watch the game and was SO happy to see the GIANTS win! Before the game, though, I was able to sit and create a bit. The current challenge over at the Lily Pad site caught my eye b/c, well, as I've stated before, I'm just not a fan of the color pink. Now they paired it with green--another color that's not in my "fave" list. And the CPS site has amazing sketches going on for the next couple of weeks in honor of their 5th anniversary. So, I figured I'd try my hand at the color challenge and use the sketch to give me some guidance. Here's the color combo and the sketch.
Here's my card. I didn't have the right color green in my cardstock stash so I went ahead and used shabby shutters distress ink to get the shade I wanted. Then, I embossed it (swiss dots) using the cuttlebug. I stamped in green ink the happy b-day definition stamp from Hero Arts on the small white portion and then stamped a Hero Arts cupcake on the pink portion and heat embossed it in white. I then colored it in using a red glaze pen. I added a red ribbon and the voila! The card is done. Even though I'm not a big fan of the colors, I will say that I ended up liking the card--yet another reason I participate in these challenges. I may not always start out liking the challenge but it's fun to see the finished product come together! Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by! Pat

1 comment:

  1. I love this wonderful, tri-panel design! Such a fun way to use the colors! Lovely card! Thanks for plying with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!