Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CardPattern sketch card

Hi again! I've taken a break from the madness to enjoy some stamping...and with Father's Day coming up, I knew I needed to start making a card for my husband. It always tends to sneak up on me! And this year I wanted to make sure the card was done at least a few days before!

I chose to use the sketch from the CardPatterns site. Here it is:

















Here's my card: I chose to use papers from My Mind's Eye. LOVE them! And I initially wanted to keep the sketch vertical but when I realized what my focal point would be, I tilted it and actually really liked the sketch horizontally, too. I used a "Happy father's day" stamp on the mustard yellow strip and the bike and sentiment are from Hero Arts. I actually just bought the sentiment last week and, hopefully this isn't just me, I got such a euphoric feeling when I opened the package and smelled the new stamps! I love that smell of newly-purchased, not-yet-used stamps! :) I added a ribbon and the card was done. Quick card--but I love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Love how you flipped the sketch here! That bike is so fun. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!