Sunday, March 3, 2013

Be Still, My soul...

Hi everyone!

Oh, how I've missed making cards and sharing! Life has changed so much this past month but today I get to share several cards (in several posts!) and make up for lost time! First up is a card I am entering into the Simon Says Stamp and Show! blog and the CAS-ual Fridays site. The challenges were to use a stamp that you love but don't use often and to make your own background paper.

Without further ado, here's the challenge badge and my card: I love stripes...but I hardly ever use my Impression Obsession stamp! I knew I wanted to make more of a masculine card and stripes really lend themselves well to that look. So, I inked it with Versamark and heat embossed it with silver powder. Quick and easy way to make your own background paper! I like that the stamping wasn't perfect--it's more of a rugged look. I then stamped the sentiment which are lyrics to one of my favorite hymns. I added just a couple of deep blue gems and the ribbon. Voila!

Thanks for stopping by and see you with another post soon!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. Lovely sentiment. Lovely card. Perfect for a card for anyone. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pat, those stripes look pretty incredible in the silver embossing, nice choice! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the heat embossed silver stripes!!! Perfect male card, Pat!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!