Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Graduation time!

Hi friends!

Sorry for the absence. We are wrapping up the school year in our home (we homeschool) and it's been a mad dash to get everything done! But tonight I got inspired to work on a graduation card. I used the sketch from the CAS(E) this Sketch! site and some inspiration from the Pinspired Challenges site.

Here's my card and the challenge badges:

I'll admit that when I first saw this sketch, I was at a loss as to how to work with it. But then I thought of the diploma and that was all I needed to finish my thought! I used the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder to add texture to the purple cardstock and then just layered the pattern paper and a strip of green to the card. The diploma is actually from the dollar bin. The sentiment is from Hampton Arts and I heat embossed it in white and LOVE how that turned out! The pattern paper, which has the purples and green from the "pin", needed a bit of glitter. So, I used my glitter pen to add some shine to the center of the flowers. The picture doesn't do it justice but it did add a nice touch. May just make several of these because they're quick and easy!

Have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

5 comments:

  1. What a fresh take on the inspiration image! This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's elegant and it's festive - perfect for graduation. Using the diploma was a great idea for the feather part of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great! I like the embossing plate you used! :D

    -sammi-
    Simple Salutations

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great texture and pattern on this card. So strikingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! Such a great layout and the embossing is fabulous! Thanks for playing at Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!