Monday, June 3, 2013

S is for Slanted Stamping!

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! Ours was busy but a quiet Sunday awaits at the end of this week...

I wanted to share a card I made for the latest challenge at the Simon Says Stamp & Show site. The challenge? Share something that starts with the letter "S". So, maybe you love Simon Says Stamp! and you use some of their products. Or maybe there's a stamp that you love and you use that stamp. Whatever you use, it needs to start with the letter "S". Also, the Inkspirational site has an "anything goes" challenge that I'll play with, too. Here's my card and the challenge badge is below.

I LOVE this flower stamp from Teresa Collins. And I really wanted to have the stamp slanting downward across the card. It took 2 attempts but I finally liked how it looked. (I could almost picture a dress with this design, too.) I inked the stamp with Frost White Colorbox ink and then heat embossed it in white. The sentiment is also from Teresa Collins and I used my spellbinder die to create the label and then added a few gems to add some bling. Getting the stamp lined up the way I wanted was really what took the longest on this card but it's simple and elegant.

Hope you can join in on the fun--there's a great prize up for grabs! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeously elegant, Pat! LOVE the beautiful white stamping on that red--and the black backing really makes the sentiment POP! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I LOVE this color combination and your flower stamping looks like patterned paper. What a classy card! So glad you joined us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!

    I wanted to sop by and answer your question. Yes, I plan to continue homeschooling. We started when my son was finishing up 2nd grade and he now is finishing 5th grade. We plan on doing some stuff during the summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowery card! The colors are striking. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!