Friday, September 6, 2013

Teenage Boy Birthday Card

Hi friends!

Just popping in to share a quick card I made for a friend. The recipient is a teenage boy so I knew that flowers, buttons, sequins--yeah, that wasn't going to cut it. So, I came up with a very simple card. I'm entering the card at the Whimsy Stamps Challenge blog that is having a "masculine card" challenge at the moment. Here's my card:
I used some pattern paper from DCWV. I love the blue and brown combo and the guitar--what teenager doesn't like that?! I used my glitter pen quite a bit, though, to add some extra "umph" to the paper. I added glitter on some of the diagonal lines and also to the bottom portion of the guitars. I added used some vintage photo distress ink to very lightly distress the corner of the paper. Then, a simple, embossed "happy birthday" sentiment on a banner and the card was done. Very simple--but you just don't want to overdo it when it comes to a teen boy anyway! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK by responding to this comment so I can easily find this post.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy!

      Thanks for the kind words...and, of course! Feel free to share my card...Thanks for linking it and I'll have to check it out myself b/c manly cards are a challenge sometimes!

      Thanks,
      Pat

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!