Sunday, November 17, 2013

Merry Christmas card

Hi friends!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...I have been playing in my room and that's always a good day for me!

I'm popping in to share a Christmas card I made for one challenge that is being held by two websites. The first is Curtain Call and the second is CAS-ual Fridays. They're both hosting a Christmas card challenge. Here's my card:
Have you ever bought a stamp and then forgotten to use it?! That happened to me with this stamp...It's now a Hero Arts discontinued stamp but I thought it was so cute back when I got it! I chose to use it as the main panel with some silver strips to offset the stamp and the burgundy cardstock. I then heat embossed the word Christmas (Hero Arts) in silver and colored in the lights with a glitter pen and a distress marker. I wish the photo did it more justice--the glitter and the silver play off each other really well. Easy card to replicate and still has a playful and elegant feel to it...

Have a great start to the week and thanks for stopping by!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. fantastic card, Pat! so glad you could play along with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Pat! I love the silver detail. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sooooo adorable!!! I love the look of this card! Great Job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Blog!

    Jessica Kephart
    www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!