Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SSSC134 and RCC 20

Hi everyone!

I've had such a busy week--and it's only Tuesday! Sigh...I've been busy homeschooling again and doing all the chores a household of 4 requires. If only I could get a maid! HA! (She'd probably quit...)

Anyway, there were 2 challenges that I was dying to play along with. I was finally able to get a bit of time this evening to work on them. One is the challenge with the great website, the sweetest thing, and you can find it here. The other is a website that requires the use of ribbon PLUS whatever challenge may be going on. LOVE that! Here's the latest challenge at the Ribbon Carousel. We had to get "punny" with our cards...

Without further ado, here's the sketch and here's my card.
For the card, I used some pattern paper from a 6x6 stack called Once Upon a Time (I think). I won the stack at a local scrapbook store so I think that's what the stack was called. I knew I wanted a bit of a vintage feel to the card. I stamped the Hero Arts image twice with Vintage Photo distress ink and then cut out only the paper portion of the 2nd stamped image so that I could stamp the sentiment and have it be more dimensional. Then, using a Fiskars punch, I matted the image on the burgundy cardstock that was cut to size and punched. I had 2 ribbons in my stash that I won from the LSS and used that to finish off the card. I had a couple of burgundy buttons that I adhered with some glue dots, too. As a final touch, I added some Glossy Accents to the knobs on the typewriter and all the keys.

Now to figure out who to send it to...thankfully, I'm blessed with amazing friends!

Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. I adore the vintage look of this card and the spiral edging along the bottom is fantastic! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! SUPER cute image--love your sentiment! Totally punny! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!! And thanks for getting punny with me:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!