Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lily Pad Flower Challenge and a Sweet Sunday Sketch

Hi everyone! I've been so busy these last few weeks that I haven't had much time to craft...However, a friend asked me to make a sympathy card for her so I squeezed some time late Monday night. Although we can all agree that sympathy cards aren't fun, I'm sure receiving a handmade cards helps ease the pain a bit by just knowing that someone cares. So, I knew I'd need some inspiration and I chose to go with the flower challenge over at the Lily Pad site. There's still tons of time to enter this challenge, too! The Ribbon Carousel site also has an "anything goes" challenge right now--basically, do whatever card you'd like as long as there's ribbon on the card somewhere--so I thought I'd enter the card here, too. Also I thought I'd use the sketch from the sweetest thing site for inspiration. Here's the sketch:
For my card, I chose to rotate the sketch and then use a soft yellow and dark purple palette. I embossed the flower image and then wrapped some ribbon to the scalloped pieces. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. A few pearls add some dimension, too, and the card was done... Thanks for stopping by! Pat

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the dandelions! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dandelions are a lovely image for a sympathy card, Pat.......thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!