Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MOJO Monday b-day card

Hi everyone! I had such a special day today with my boys and, to top it off, I got to create a card for this week's MOJO Monday challenge! I hope you all had a great day, too. Here's the sketch for this week's MOJO challenge:
I love these clean line sketches...so I jumped at the chance to play along! And, I decided I'd break out those old brass stencils! I used the cuttlebug and it embossed the image very nicely! I love dragonflies so I knew this would be the image I'd be using. I chose to use my distress inks to color it in. First, I used shabby shutters on the grass and then added the pine needles ink to add some more depth and richness in color. The dragonfly was colored in with mustard seed first and then I noticed some green specks from the grass had bled onto the dragonfly so I added some specks of green to both sides! Then, I added the spiced marmalade color. I then, very lightly, shaded in the sky with broken china ink. All the papers are from My Mind's Eye Stella Rose and I stamped the dollar sentiment in white pigment ink and distressed it. After I adhered everything, I realized I'd forgotten my ribbon...sigh. So, I made a slit in the crease of the card and wrapped the ribbon around the card. Once everything was glued on and wrapped, I added some stickles to the image. And I love how it turned out! It's a very special friend's b-day tomorrow so I can't wait to give her this card... Hope you come play along, too...and have a great week! Pat

1 comment:

  1. love what you did here. really like the color in it and the sparkly dragon fly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!