Sunday, June 24, 2012

A bit of brown layers

Hi all!
I hope you are all having a great Sunday! I have enjoyed some time listening to music while crafting a card.

There were a couple of challenges that I really wanted to join in. Simon Says Stamp and Show challenged us to use a bit of brown--kraft cardstock or the color brown on a card. And the Young Crafter's Unite challenge was to make a card with many layers. Here's the challenge badge.









Here's my card. I started out by using vintage photo distress ink on a script stamp from Fiskars. I then used my Versamark Dazzle and clear embossed Hero Art's Silhouette Flowers stamp. That was the first layer of the card b/c now it looks like there's a background. Then, I used distress inks and markers to color in the flowers. I mounted that on some pattern paper for a couple of layers and also added a layer of ribbon. I then added some gems to the center of the flowers and to the side of the ribbon, too. I stamped the sentiment and used dimensional adhesive for the banner and the card was done. Because of the challenge to use brown, when I saw the pattern paper, I knew I'd go with some flowers and make a very summery card. Not a huge fan of pink but do like how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week, everyone!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers, the multicolored look is great =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floral card is very cute! I really like the colors and the design. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty looking card.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!