Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thinking of you w/a splash of color

Hi everyone,

It's been a long week...but I chose to have some fun tonight. I wanted to make a "thinking of you" card for the Hero Arts monthly challenge and I wanted to play along with the latest Lawnscaping challenge, too. The challenge for the Lawnscaping site was to make a card with a splash of color.

Here's my card: I wanted to make a mostly monochromatic card. I mounted the card on red cardstock and then embossed the main panel. I then used 3 different butterfly punches and inked them with barn door distress ink. I scattered them across the card and then used the Hero Arts sentiment that I just LOVE! I added some gems to the butterflies and used a glitter pen to add some shine to the butterflies, too. Easy card--but love how it turned out!

Gearing up for the weekend and I hope everyone is having a good week!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!