Friday, September 7, 2012

CR8ing & Embossing!

Hi all!

TGIF! So glad this week is over! Being back in homeschooling mode has made the week seem eternal!

Today I wanted to share a card I made for 2 different challenges. One is a color challenge from the CR84FN site. The color combo for this week were actually the colors of my wedding. So I couldn't pass up the chance to play along! And the other challenge is an embossing challenge from A Blog Named Hero site. I LOVE embossing! And I had a new stamp that was just itching to get used.

Here are the challenge graphics and then my card.
First of all, I am in LOVE with the Lattice stamp from Hero Arts! It is LOVELY! When I saw the color challenge, I knew I had some soft lavendar-colored cardstock that I could use and I chose to stamp the lattice background on it and then emboss it. It looks so elegant! Love it! I then used some pattern paper from Teresa Collins to layer the sentiment panel. The sentiment is from Hero Arts also and I stamped that using distress ink. Then, I added some lavendar gems and some flowers and the card was done! Simple yet elegant...

Hope you guys can play along!

And have a fantastic weekend!
Pat

6 comments:

  1. Pat, this card is really Elegant with the embossed lattice! Love that sentiment, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty. I do love the stamped background. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Pat! That layered blossom looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, I love the lattice pattern, and the CAS design, so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The texture and shine from the embossed lattice is super and is a perfect background to allow the sentiment to stand out! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! The lattice background embossed always looks gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!