Monday, February 11, 2013

Messy fingers!

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! My Sunday was so incredibly quiet--I LOVED it! And I spent most of the day playing in my craft room. By the time the day was done, I had fingers covered in ink and I was a happy girl! :) And speaking of inky and messy fingers, the challenge for this week at Simon Says & Show was to make something that was messy. I went ahead and made 3 cards because I'll be using them as a set so, without further ado, here are my cards.
There's no words to describe how happy using reverse image stamps makes me! I LOVE having to cut up small strips of sponges (I cut up the felt pads that normally go on the distressing tool) and then inking up the images. I love seeing the contrast of colors and playing with different combinations. This time I went for similar colors--light and dark pinks, blues, and purples. Not sure which one is my favorite but since I've never done the blue combination before, that one may win out. After layering the color, I then add some water with a watercolor brush and that helps to blend the colors a bit more. To color the branches, I used my distress marker and it was super easy to add the color. LOVE using distress stuff this way!

Thank you so much for stopping by--and hope you guys get a chance to get messy, too!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful trio of cards, I love the floral image which looks so striking in all your colourways. I love the trim added to each card too. So glad you decided to get messy this week and join in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Thank you. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat - Your cards are gorgeous. They look fab in all the colour ways. So Clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!