Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas ornaments

Hi everyone!

I'm here to share a card that I had a lot of fun making! With Christmas under 40 days away (yikes!), I spent some time figuring out what card I'd like to make and send out to friends. I think this may be it. I'll be entering the card in a few different challenges listed below:
Word Art Wednesday--they always have an "anything goes" challenge so I try to play along often.
Cute Card Thursday--the challenge was to use "red and green".
Just Add Ink--the challenge was to add texture.

Here's my card:
I wish the picture would've been better. What you don't see is that the front panel is embossed with tons of Christmas words like "joy" and "peace" (Sizzix). I then used Sizzix dies to cut the ornaments and then cut them out again on a shiny, red cardstock. I took some stamps (flourishes, and a snowflake) and added the designs to the snowflakes. I like that each ornament is unique in its design. I heat embossed them in silver and then added some green gems as accents. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I debated for a long time whether or not to "hang" the ornaments with string but chose instead to just put some white bows on each ornament.

The card was easy to make and tons of fun because you got to be creative with the actual ornament die cut. And I love the texture from the embossing folder that covers the entire card and the silver embossing that really adds a nice punch of color to the card, too.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat

4 comments:

  1. It turned out very cute! I like the different designs embossed on the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely embossing, Pat. I love the crisp red and white colour scheme on your card, too. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see the all of the lovely texture on your background Pat, very effective and l love the bold pops of red your baubles provide. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a really lovely card, I just want to reach into my computer and run my fingers over the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!