Monday, November 24, 2014

Heartfelt Thanks among the trees....

Hi everyone!

With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'm popping in to just quickly share a card I created yesterday. I'll be entering this card into several different sites:
1. Simon Says Wednesday blog--the challenge was to make a "thanks" card.
2. Moxie Fab World--our card had to have tons of trees on it. The "tree-mendous challenge".
3. Word Art Wednesday--"anything goes".

Here's my card:
So, this stamp is a new one for me. I went shopping at a local craft store and a friend of mine ended up winning a prize package. Since all the prizes were paper craft related, she deferred her selection to me! And, there was a nice package of Hero Arts stamps and goodies!

I stamped this image (Winter trees) in brown pigment ink and heat embossed it. Then, I masked off the ground portion so that the "horizon" would be easy to color in. I used my distress inks to make this sunset. I started off with some squeezed lemon. Then I used spiced marmalade and then dusty concord. For the ground, I used Wink of Stella to add some shine but the picture didn't pick that up. I also wanted to try to add some snow on the trees. I used the white picket distress marker and added touches of white to a few trees but it's hard to see here. I layered the image on cardstock that I distressed to match the sunset and then added some twine. Anyway, it was a fun image to play with! The sentiment is also from Hero Arts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember your blessings as you sit with your friends and loved ones. I'm grateful to have a place to share my cards and I'm thankful for the kind messages left, too.

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Your card turned out great! I can see the snow in the trees ☺ love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous - I can almost feel the atmosphere you've created on your card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous! That's my new word for the day, and I'm using it to describe your card. I should check your blog often to get inspired into making a few cards myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your card turned out! So beautiful!
    I read on your Instagram post that you homeschool your children. I do too and love having them home with me but am so very thankful for a crafty outlet. :) Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Pat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!