Wednesday, June 8, 2016

You COLOR my world card

Hi everyone!

I'm here sharing a card I made for a cute little girl...I've never met her but she's on social media because of her mom and this little girl makes me smile every time I see her! She's just so stinking cute! Her smile lights up my Instagram feed and it's been my joy to send her a card on her birthday for a couple of years now. Here's my card:

My original thought for this card didn't work out the way I wanted so this card is plan B. I had already die cut a bunch of crayons (Lawn Fawn) and used my Copic markers to color them in. I decided to write out Lila's name on the crayons and then simply add them to the base of the card. I stamped the sentiment and then added a "Happy Birthday" sentiment inside. Once the card was done, though, I felt like it needed more color. So, I used my distress inks to add some flecks of color all over the front. I know Lila loves to color and I thought it would be perfect for her to receive a card with tons of colored flecks on it.

Now that my kids are almost done with school, I'm hoping to start creating and posting a lot more. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Pat

I'll be entering my card in the following sites:
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge--a great site where you can create cards for kids and even donate them and they'll be shared with kids at hospitals.
Word Art Wednesday--Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Pat. It's always so nice to have you play along and share your art with us. Have a blessed week, and please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stamp set.. love the crayons. The watercolor splashes worked out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Colorful, bright and perfect for Send a Smile 4 Kids entry this week. Thanks for coming to join us in our Anything Goes Challenges. Best of luck on your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy! Beautiful work Pat - I love this layout and background! Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, very sweet design! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!