Sunday, September 4, 2011

MOJO 206

Hi all!

I finally had a chance to play in my room today...and I'm just barely making the deadline for the mojo monday sketch this week. Here it is:











Here's my card:



I decided to go w/a square card. I've been enjoying that size...I grabbed some pattern paper from the KI Memories Designer Paper Pad and chose some teal-colored cardstock to go along w/it. I knew it would be a "happy b-day" card since that's what I'm always needing! So, I embossed the teal colored panel w/my cuttlebug swiss dots folder and then took my sentiment and stamped that several times on the white cardstock panel in vintage photo distress ink. Then, after adhering the panels, I added some brown ribbon. I then stamped an image of 2 b-day gifts (also from the same set of $1 bin stamps that the sentiment came in) and stamped it in distress china distress ink. I cut that out, added a couple of small pearls, and then mounted it w/dimensional adhesive. Finally, I added some pearls at the top right corner of the white panel and the card was done. After it was all done, though, I realized I could've added some distress ink along the edges of the panels to make them stand out a bit more but such is life. I liked this sketch--it's versatile for a lot of things...I can see myself using it often! :)

Like I said, I got a chance to play today so I'll be back later to post another card for another challenge. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!