Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge 67

Hi all!

It's been a super busy week for us so this is the first chance I've had to play! :( But, I was able to work on some cards for our church tonight and that's something I really enjoy doing. Our pastor sends every member a "Happy b-day" card that's handmade. (Actually, this time I had to make him several sympathy cards and I finished both batches tonight). We have a team that work on the cards and it was time for me to pitch in. Seeing that many, many cards have to be made, I knew I needed to keep it VERY simple. And that happens to coincide w/the challenge found here. Hope you can play along this week w/the Wee Memories Challenge!

So, what was the challenge? To create a "one layer" project. No dimensional adhesive--just a clean and simple card. Sounds easy--but it does have its challenges!

Here's one of the cards I made:
I decided to use my Quickutz embossing folder with my cuttlebug and that would give me a nice frame for my sentiment. I stamped the sentiment, which is from Hero Arts, with black soot distress ink. Then, I found some $1 stamps that had some flowers that curved a bit. Perfect! So, I inked those up with pine needles distress ink and then colored in one flower with my glaze pen. It was that simple. I did 5 of them within 30 minutes. For the birthday batch, I easily did another 25 cards and just swapped out the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by...and as we remember what happened 10 years ago, let's thank those that continue to protect and serve our country.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your card! What a stunning embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Pat, the embossing is a pretty frame for the floral image and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!