Tuesday, May 22, 2012

To heat or dry emboss...Lawnscaping challenge card

I am so excited to be feeling better AND having a chance to make some cards! I know there's tons of work to do tomorrow...but it's been so long since I've felt good that I'm going to milk it tonight for all it's worth! :) When it comes to making cards, embossing is one of my all-time favorite techniques...It makes me happy! :) So when I saw that the Lawnscaping challenge site wanted us to create a card by either heat or dry embossing, I knew I wanted to play along. Here's the challenge logo and my card:
If you knew me, you'd know that I tend to not spend oodles of time on cards...I like the clean, elegant, simple-yet-quick method...Homeschooling 2 boys doesn't give me the luxury of wanting "perfect" cards. However, for this card, I easily spent double the normal time...AND this is the 4th try to get it the way I wanted! I started out by heat embossing the red Hero Arts heart and then making a mask of it. I then placed the mask on top of the heart and stamped the music note background (I think the company was called Impression Obsession). Then, I heat embossed the music notes. I added the sentiment and some small gems and the card was done...I guess since I was adamant about the vision in my mind, I refused to give up when the card wasn't working out right. I'm happy with the card now, though...And I'll save it for my anniversary in a month. :) Hope everyone has a good night and thanks for stopping by! Pat

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' this card, Pat! There's something magical about black & white and a pop of red! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is amazing Pat! Love the black/white/red color combo! So beautiful and elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the elegance of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!