Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Color challenged MOJO card

Hi everyone!

Although I have tons of laundry to do, I'm ditching my chores b/c I worked on a card tonight! :) (After posting, it's off to do laundry...boo!) Anyway, I had seen the latest color challenge over at the CR84FN site almost 2 weeks ago and I've been itching to play along! I almost did a card before the weekend but then decided to wait for MOJO Monday to provide the sketch. Glad I did!

Here's the challenge graphics and my card.
I used a few pattern papers from the Teresa Collins Tell Your Story collection. However, I wanted to incorporate more cream so I went ahead and stamped a fleur de lis, also from Teresa Collins, onto cream using broken china distress ink. LOVE making my own pattern paper! Then, I added a strip of brown--which I really needed to break up the color scheme a bit--and then stamped the flower image using a Color Box Turquoise pigment ink. The flower stamp is also from Teresa Collins--can you tell I'm a big fan of her style? :) I added faux stitching on all the pattern paper and then added glitter to the inside of the flower with a glitter pen. The sentiment, "Happy birthday", was placed on the inside.

Thank you so much for stopping by today...and for all the sweet comments that have been left on previous posts, too. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the comments!

Have a great week!
Pat

3 comments:

  1. wow, what a gorgons flower and I luv how you stamped your own dp....awesome...so glad you played along with us at Mojo Monday...hope you have a fabulous week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab design, I like the layout and the pretty rose stamp.
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Pat! That blossom is gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!