Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Precious Gift

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. We are gearing up for a 3 week camping trip that will include stops in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. To say that I've been busy getting ready for that is an understatement. But today, I wanted to play. I haven't had much time to play in my room so today, I declared it to be "NO PLANNING FOR CAMPING DAY" and I played in my room instead.

I'm entering the following card in several challenges. First, is the retro sketches site. I really liked the sketch for this week. Next, the Lawnscaping site wanted us to use watercolors and gelatos were calling my name. Next, the Simon says site wanted us to emboss--which I combined with the watercoloring. And lastly, the Color Throwdown site provided the color inspiration for the card.

Without further ado, here's my card and the challenge badges will be at the bottom of this post.
There's a new mom at our previous church that just had a baby. What a great excuse to make a card! I knew I wanted to use gelatos as my watercolor medium so I grabbed this Hero Arts background cling stamp (sorry, I couldn't find the name of it anywhere on the Hero Arts site) and white heat embossed it on watercolor paper. I used the yellow gelato color and, honestly, I had forgotten just how vibrant these gelatos are. The yellow was so strong that I added a lot of water to the paper and kept taking some of the color off to see the white resist better, too. Because I was following the sketch, I chose to add strips of turqoise to the side panel and then add vellum as the banner. I punched out some circles and then used a Wplus9 die for the onesie. I used a dollar stamp and some distress inks to stamp the flower on the onesie and then added gems to the center. The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo and I used StazOn ink to stamp on the vellum. Very fun card to make and I'm sure the new mom will smile.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a great weekend!
Pat

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that you were able to combine so any challenges into your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, what a great onesie !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Love the bling on the onsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet new baby card! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown challenge! I hope you enjoy that camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable...the little blingy onsie is just tooo cute!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Pat, so sweet and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that vellum really softens everything up and makes it really work! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It always brightens up my day!